Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Expert in Ogden, Utah
Godfrey Law can help you get a fresh start
Bankruptcy is not as bad as you think. The truth is it can give you a new beginning and get you on the road to building up your credit and increasing your credit score.
People always get worried about lawyer fees when asking for help. Many would rather work out the process themselves, which results in more complex situations that would cost more in the end.
The prevailing mindset is, I am already bankrupt, so how can I afford to pay for an attorney?
At Godfrey Law, we keep our clients informed about the fees that they can expect to pay.
Being transparent and straightforward is what we pride ourselves in.
Benefits of Chapter 7
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a tool where the trustee collects all of your assets and sells those which are not exempt.
Many Utah residents choose Chapter 7 because they want to eliminate their heavy debt without paying for any of it. Here are the benefits of a Chapter 7 filing:
- Gives you the ability to discharge most debt which can lower your stress levels
- May give you the chance to get rid of some tax debt
- Prevents creditors from filing lawsuits against you
- Once discharged, the only debts remaining will be for secured assets
- Protection against creditor’s collection activities and wage garnishment. No more harassing for money that you can’t pay
- You may keep your home, cars and household goods
- Chance to rebuild credit score
- No minimum amount of debt required for filing
- Your case is done and completely discharged in 3 to 6 months
In the majority of cases, Chapter 7 can eliminate huge credit card debt and other unsecured bills.
There are debts that cannot be discharged in Chapter 7 like child support, alimony, specific taxes, fraudulent debts, student loans and other items.
You need to take note that when you file a Chapter 7, you can’t “unfile” it.
When you receive your discharge, it means that your unsecured debts are eliminated.
Experience with Chapter 7
We have been handling Chapter 7 bankruptcies for Utah residents since 1984. That’s a ton of experience in helping families get through every scenario you can think of.
We would love to share information in the bankruptcy process that may help you make major decisions.
If you are not familiar with bankruptcy proceedings, you may miss critical steps that can have an impact on exemptions. You may also miss out on categories of debts that you can include in debt elimination.
Mistakes can be costly, your case can take longer, or you may not have certain debts discharged.
It’s always best to have an experienced attorney by your side to guide you every step of the way.
Godfrey Law Advantage
- Free consultation
- Best rates in Utah
- Accurate advice
- Full assistance
- Free evaluation
- Over 3 decades of experience
- Strict with confidentiality
We have an advanced technology-driven process management system in place that leads to the best results at lower costs.
Let’s talk! Allow us to help you get a fresh start!
Give us a call, or send us a message on our website.